Ben & I have been working almost every spare minute in the yard and trying to complete the major projects we had planned for this spring. When we first bought everything all the bricks, sand, paint, etc. was taking up a lot of garage space and I felt like we'd be lucky to get done before the baby came. However, we have gotten so much done and I am amazed that we can say we only have one project left outside. I sure am getting excited to spend time outside with my boys this summer. If you've never seen my backyard then you might not understand, but the lovely rock piles we had EVERYWHERE are now in a great place and I love, love, love it! I've always loved my shady backyard, but now I don't spend time thinking of all the hard work left to do...it's done!
The new garden wall. We have wanted to build this ever since we moved in. Ben is amazing and got it done in just one day. He told me I should be grateful that he got to "help" build his parents retaining wall. Yeah, I am.

All the rocks! It may not look like that much, but this pile is deep. Ben built a great border for each side and now it's just a great walk-way!

Here are all the projects I have been working on inbetween the yard projects. I love the blankets with the crocheted edges so I made two of those and four burp cloths. The boys ended up earning something with their money chores: The Land Before Time 4. Just in time too! I was able to put that on for them and sewed a cover for the car seat that doubles as a nursing cover. I saw one like that recently and figured I may never really use it as both, but having the option is nice. The best part was I got it done in about an hour because the boys were so excited about the newest dinosaur movie we have! I really like those too! :)

While my family was in town I had my sister Heather with me for a day and I made her run 7 errands with me. So much more than I could accomplish by myself and the boys. She really likes to shop though, so most of the places weren't too bad. At the craft store I picked her up some duct tape she wanted and we spent quiet time creating more things. She made a wallet and I made some bracelets and things. I had a nursing bracelet with Tyler that I LOVED. It was fun to visit and hang out while turning the living room into a craft center for a few hours!
1 comment:
Ok, I am tired now! Holy nesting!!!! Looks awesome - want to come to my house now?
Post a Comment