On our own we have spent a lot of afternoons at the pool. Which I love. That's the best way to spend the summer - at the pool (or the beach!) and then come home and take fabulous naps. We have been reading a TON. It is almost an all-day long thing. I have read so many books as well which has been nice. Lazy afternoons with plenty of books and water...so my thing!
I love being married! We have three adorable little kiddos who I have the privledge of being mommy to every day. I am blessed to have the many talents and experiences that I do and I try to use them to create wonderful memories for my little family. With plenty of real life moments mixed in too!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Doing lots of nothing
Summer it going nice and slow and we are having a great time being lazy...at the same time I am too lazy to really do much of anything (that, or I'm just plain tired!). My fabulous camp director/PP specialist has taken over for camp certification which has been so nice to not have to plan these last few weeks. She has even been kind enough to let me bring my kids and have them play in the sand until Ben can leave his meeting and pick them up.
A few weeks ago my friend & I set up a blog to let everyone know what random things we're doing this summer. (let me know if you want in on that, btw) It's all things we would normally do, but it's fun to invite everyone and have a good time with it. We're been to the gardens and splashed around there. Tyler & Hannah had a blast playing under a towel.
Today we took the kids to see Toy Story 3. I never take my kids to movies because I think it's more effort than it's worth, but since we recently tested out their ability to sit through a movie that Ben's work took us to, I thought I could take them myself. It was a lot of fun! 
On our own we have spent a lot of afternoons at the pool. Which I love. That's the best way to spend the summer - at the pool (or the beach!) and then come home and take fabulous naps. We have been reading a TON. It is almost an all-day long thing. I have read so many books as well which has been nice. Lazy afternoons with plenty of books and water...so my thing!
And while I'm trying to avoid much time in the kitchen, since I haven't had to make any meals lately I have been a little more open to suggestions when the boys want me to make treats with them. Trent's friend gave him this great apron for Christmas made out of a dish towel. Of course now Tyler wanted one, so I bought one at the $ store and made it one evening. It's so great and I am loving NOT hating baking in the kitchen! Amazing how that happens!
So, yes, I am enjoying the summer. We have had so much fresh fruit lately I'm in heaven. It seems like every time we hit the store my kids ask for something new to try. Tyler last picked apricots, which are okay, but I love so many other things. Well, the boys made short work of them, so I think they are a new favorite. Summer is a great time to do lots and nothing at all!
On our own we have spent a lot of afternoons at the pool. Which I love. That's the best way to spend the summer - at the pool (or the beach!) and then come home and take fabulous naps. We have been reading a TON. It is almost an all-day long thing. I have read so many books as well which has been nice. Lazy afternoons with plenty of books and water...so my thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you're having the perfect summer! I can't believe you only have about a month left!!! Crazy! I can't wait until my baby-meter looks like yours.... one more picture left! haha.
Post a Comment