Today I had one of the best laughs in weeks! This kid cracks me up...I'm so glad he's mine!
Earlier in the morning I got a phone call about my calling that was a little stressful and I decided I needed to take care of it sooner rather than later. I hadn't planned on going to church because Paige is a little stuffed up, but went to Sacrament meeting to take care of this thing.
We were sitting in church and I was holding Paige. I watched one of my YW receive her recognition award and I started crying - seriously, it was going to be one of those days! I was just proud of her! (But for the past few years if you were to ask Ben or myself when the last time I cried was on any given day, we wouldn't be able to remember.) I was listening to a really good talk about asking for the right blessings, letting the Lord and the Holy Ghost work in your life, and praying with real intent and then the speaker read the blessing Emma Smith requested of her husband and it was beautiful. Suddenly, with all the stress of that morning - both outside and from my kids :) - and being able to feel the Spirit really strongly, I broke down again. I turned to Ben and he took one look at me, started laughing and said "You're crazy!" in a very loving manner! Yes, I do feel a little crazy...it's the switching up of the hormones! Joy!
Ben noticed that Trenton was looking at me with a lot of concerned and pulled him over. Ben explained that Trent needed to be a good helper to me this week while Ben's away and that he needs to not make me cry. Trent said, "okay, but why is mom crying now?" Ben: "Because she's a girl". Trent threw his head back and laughed, sat up straight and asked, "No, really, why is she crying?" Ben again tried to explain that sometimes girls just cry a lot. Trent laughed some more and asked again. "No, really, why?". By then I was laughing and crying and Ben couldn't stop laughing - so Trent thought we were playing a joke on him! Of course! Trent again asked why I was really crying and Ben again tried to explain that there really was no reason, I was just crying. Well, my little boy with a boy-wired brain just couldn't accept that and kept asking. I finally told him I was sad Ben was leaving us for awhile. Trent could totally understand that - an actual real reason! and let it go. Oh, why don't girls make any sense?!!??
3 comments:
love this story! too funny!
That's one of the best stories ever! Thanks for the laugh.
REALLY looking forward to this... NOT! Haha-I don't envy you. I swear I never cried until I had kids!!
P.S. Paige is cute as ever-so are your boys :)
Post a Comment