My niece's 1st birthday party was planned for Saturday and my boys really wanted to go. I was having those annoying little contractions all morning, but I was still able to get in a small 20-minute nap. Around 2:30 we got to my sister's house and I started thinking maybe it was a bad idea that I drove all that way. Ben was back in the neighborhood helping a family with their roof. I really, really didn't want to have a baby that night. I wanted to go to dinner with my in-laws and visit a little more with my family. Also, I would've tried so much harder to fit in a longer nap had I known she would come that day. I was so tired! Around 4 I decided I needed to get home because I was really having to breathe through some and wanted to make it home. I was hoping I could take a shower or a quick nap and they would go away! I got home at 5pm just as Ben arrived home and he quickly showered. I told him to give me a few more minutes to decide and after about 10 I was so torn between going in and just trying to wait a little longer. Ben got in a five-minute nap before I told him I thought we had better go...just in case. :) When Ben saw how I was having to breathe through them and how close they were he asked why I had waited so long.
Anyhow, my mom had been up at my sister's as well, but was just driving my sister-in-law back past our house. I asked if she would just go over there and that Ben's parents would bring the kids back to our house. So, we took the boys with us and Ben's parents met us at the hospital. We gave them the car seats and said good bye and I breathed through several more on the way in.
You know the fun part where they see if you really are in actual labor or just not handling the pain well? They didn't want me to wait long in there, but it was a little over an hour just because there were four other women who came in in labor just before/just after me. Ben said it was the storm that moved in that night. I hadn't changed except 10% more from my last appointment on Wednesday, so they weren't that worried about me. And when they called the doctor he said that after talking with me all these months he was ready for a 2am baby and a long night.
I was so surprised at how intense things were getting so quickly. Minutes after I got in the delivery room I was getting an epidural...that didn't work. The nurse very quickly called the guy back and later she told me he is usually kind of a stinker and she was surprised that he came right back. I was so glad because by that time I was having flash backs of being in labor for days with Trenton.
Just as I could start to feel things kicking in I was checked again and in about 3 seconds and a half a contraction the doctor said I was an 8+ and then almost a ten. He said he'd be right back and I was glad he stepped out for a bit because I really didn't believe him at first and also I wanted that epidural to kick in a little more. By the time it did however, I was sure he was kidding me and I really wanted to sleep. It took so much for me to have the desire to push a baby out, especially because I never have that urge. The doctor was back in just about two minutes and everyone was in for the most exciting part, while I just wanted to sleep. However, being a pro at this now I dug down somewhere inside me and our baby girl was born after about 35 minutes of me trying to convince myself and the doctor that I should sleep and that there was no way that I could have gotten to a 10 without pitocin. All done by 9:36pm...Maybe my body is catching on? We can hope! Ben says she's trying to convince us to have more kids....
Paige is so loved by her brothers. They spend a good chunk of the day asking to hold her. I guess when she's awake a total of an hour in the hours they are awake, it's sometimes slim time with baby sister.
It's nice when you can actually dress your baby and not have to monitor their body temperature every moment of the day...I'm just saying, it's nice!
I'm pretty sure I'm not mad here, but just in the middle of trying to remember my name or something. :) But, her eyes are open...and she's just so sweet!
It was weird how perfect timing both our parents had...both being up here and able to help us out. The boys loved having my Mom here and made sure she would be able to sleep really well every night. It doesn't surprise me when people tell me my kids wear them out - they wear me out too - but it does make me not feel quite so whimpy when I'm just done at the end of the day! Thanks for entertaining the boys and making great food, Mom!
Somehow this is the only picture I have of my haircut. Tuesday night my cousin was sweet enough to stop by and cut my hair. It gave me a few seconds for me and it was so great to talk about other stuff. I felt much better after she came...now I should just style it as cute as she did for me! Anyway, at least we caught the Paige drool on my shirt!
Here's Paige's first dollie from Grandma Bradley. She can hold it already. Wow! Slow down, Paige!! My sweet friend came and picked up the boys yesterday for her son's birthday party. It was great to have them off having fun for a few hours. They were so excited to go play!
And then there are only ten days until my oldest baby turns 5! I can hardly believe it. Most days I just don't know where he got those questions or how he figured out some of the things he says to us.
14 comments:
Congratulations Amber! Sounds like the labor was a whirwind, but I'm glad you survived it. She's a doll! I'm so happy you have a girl!! Here come the dolls!
OH my godness Amber!! YOU GO super woman! I am so happy for you that you actually had a fairly easy/good experience this time! Now you know why I had mine so close! Haha.... Paige is absolutely adorable! I wish I could hold that squishy little babe. It makes me so eager for mine. Also, Daphne was 8 10 as well, my 3rd, AND my weakest little crier-I loved it :) They have a lot in common! I am so happy for you and so glad everything is going so well. She is absolutely darling :) Congrats!
Congrats! I'm glad she came so quickly and easy for you. :) She's beautiful...welcome to the world of ruffle bums and hair clippies!
Yay! Paige is such a cutie, and I'm glad everything went smoothly for you. It must be so nice to finally enjoy some pink! You have such a cute family! Hope everything goes well with all 3!
She is a doll. And no problems at all picking up the boys. I hope they had a fun time.
congratulations amber! i'm so happy for all of you. those pictures of the boys smiling at her are precious!
Paige is absolutely beautiful, I have been checking your blog waiting to hear exciting updates!! Congrats to your adorable family!!
She's SO sweet!! I can't wait to get to play with her, too. I love all the pictures of them together and how happy they are to have Paige close. AND very cute hair cut! Glad you're well and adjusting alright. Love you!
Congratulations!! So glad you could send the tanning bed back! :)
Congratulations! She looks adorable! Of course, what new little baby isn't? It sounds like you had quite the adventure getting her here, but Im sure it was all worth it! Hope you are feeling well and enjoying being able to stay in PJ's and love your little ones! By the way, the haircut looks really cute!
Congratulations! Ben told Grant the exciting news last week. She is a doll. I'm glad she is so sweet and mild-tempered. Cross your fingers that it continues! We want to come meet this new little one soon. We're glad you and your family are doing well.
YEAH, #3 was totally different and you were able to find out what it is like to have a kid without pitocin. You Rock by the way, 8 lbs 10 oz you did a baby that big without c-section. YIKES! She looks just like Trenton to me; crazy.
Can't wait to have playdates again. Hope you are getting lost of sleep and if you need a break from the boys I am only 20 minutes away to come take them from you.
Oh Amber she's beautiful! Congrats to you two. I'll have to plan a trip down to see her, maybe steal your two boys for a few hours to give you some more alone time. Welcome to having a girl! They're lovely, aren't they? Evan has given me more grief in his short little life than Bella has all together. Enjoy the sweetness :)
Ha Ha we just got cable in anticipation of late nights nursing. Glad to see someone else is thinking the way I am. Congrats!
Post a Comment