Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Per Your Request

Bert's Famous Chili
2 lbs. ground beef, browned
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1-3/4 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon baking cocoa
4 cups cooked beans - pinto, kidney

I usually put in way more beans and just use water and beef boullion instead of broth. This recipe is great to throw in the crock pot the night before or early in the morning before you head out for the day. I love it the first day with any hot bread or rolls, but Ben thinks it tastes best after 24 hours...something about all the spices mixing better. If you don't start the recipe until later in the day, just simmer for about an hour. Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Cahoons! said...

Awesome, I plan on trying it out! Thanks for sharing it.

Fox and Amy said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm definitely going to try this out!