Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Holidays are REALLY coming

A few weeks ago we headed over to my sisters home to build Haunted Houses - you know, gingerbread houses but scary! I wasn't sure what this would be like, but it was really fun and I found it extra helpful for us to get rid of all our candy from, oh, probably the past 3 years of Halloween & Christmas! It really goes out of sight and out of mind for us, I guess. It was fun and we wrapped up the family night with the Charlie Brown movie about the Great Pumpkin, which Ben had never seen before. Thanks, Jasmyn & Marc!
The next week Jasmyn & I went to Wheeler Farm together with our friend Loni and had a fun time. Well, I know my kids had fun...but they really didn't want to run through the corn maze and getting them to look at the animals was almost painful. They just wanted to ride on the old farm machines and equipment. Such boys! :) Trent did want to have a hay ride, so we did that, but Tyler was sure he was going to fall out and I had to hold him very tight the whole time! These suckers were a special treat from Aunt Jasmyn and the boys were excellent all the way home! Thanks Jasmyn! Last night we did Ben's most favorite holiday/FHE tradition ever...carve pumpkins! (If you can't hear the sarcasm in there, try harder!) But, Ben is such a great dad & husband that he helped me get the table ready and started right in the cutting & cleaning even though I was off feeding Paige. The boys had a blast and are pretty sure that carving pumpkins truly is their favorite tradition! This coming week is filled with party after party...the boys are counting down the days!

2 comments:

Amy Eaton said...

My hubby feels the same way about the pumpkin craving he putts it off until the kids beg for it.

Sarah said...

SO, I have been a super lame commenter lately. But it looks like you are doing really well. I'm so happy for you that your transition from 2 to 3 kiddos has been so seamless. Looks like you guys have been busy having lots of fun :) And BTW, thanks for that e-mail about the jackets-wouldn't you know it that the one I loved was sold out! Haha.

P.S. Did you get off of Facebook? I can't find you on there anymore! What gives lady? ;)