Wednesday, November 03, 2010

For my memory

Yesterday at the grocery store (where I was dragging Tyler around on my back) the floors were super, super shiny and you could see much of your reflection when you looked down. Apparently this freaked out Tyler. This kid is a runner, but suddenly I caught him walking really slowly and trying to reach out to something, anything, to hold on to. He thought the floors were covered in water. He started calling, "Mom, mama, need help" which made me laugh pretty hard to myself. Just watching how petrified he was becoming over the floors was priceless and such a funny memory. Today we were in Walmart and the same thing happened. Now those floors weren't so glossy looking, so it only happened briefly once or twice and he didn't end up needing help, but it is so funny to look over at "do-it-myself-Tyler" and watch him try to figure out how he got on this glossy, shiny surface without him realizing it! Oh, that kid. I should put glossy floors in my house...maybe he'd walk once in awhile!

1 comment:

Telitaadams said...

Maybe shiny floors are his kryptonite?? :-)