Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Why is every public outing as a mom HILARIOUS!!??!!

Ben's gone this week...I have not made dinner once and the clock seems to be flying. I usually think that I have all the time to catch up because Ben isn't here at night, but then my kids somehow still need to go to sleep or they turn crazy. I can do this...I'm pretty sure! Goodness I'm so glad I have Ben. He is so hands on with the kids.
Today went something like this: I finally got us together enough to get out of the house and I ran and voted. The kids were great. Then I just had to run to one store and pick up about 10 things...fast and easy. I get there and Tyler is passed out. Oh, well...I drove out of my cityfor this trip, so we were going. He was sleep walking but insisting he didn't want in the cart. I finally got him to wake up and got him really excited about helping me find the things that matched the pictures on the coupons I had. He LOVED it. (I need pictures for every item I buy from now on...)
Trent suddenly had to go potty - and the sales were so good I had a cart full of stuff and two other kids - so I watched him go in the girls bathroom by himself (how much longer can I let him do that!) and hoped there were only nice people in there. We were so close to being done but then Tyler insisted he wanted to be IN the cart, which was now full. :) So, I gave him a piggy back ride through the last 15 minutes while pulling the cart behind me and Trenton ran circles around us. Bless Paige (so grateful for her)...she of course slept the entire time. We got home in one piece and normally this wouldn't be a special story, except that when 5 o'clock rolls around there's no wonderful husband coming home to help me. At least I fed my kids...anyone can survive on mac & cheese and chicken nuggets for a week! Bedtime is so hard when I'm used to Ben doing that whole routine while I slip away and blissfully spend some quiet time putting Paige to sleep. I'm so spoiled.
Tonight Ben told me he is going to watch the space shuttle launch tomorrow and then go indoor skydiving! Awesome! I'm going to pass out bowls of dry cold cereal and then roll around on the floor and color with Tyler, play Lego Star Wars with Trenton & hold Paige the rest of the time. Might as well sit around and do a lot of nothing that my kids will remember...especially since I've already given up on dinner & even eating out would be more work than it's worth!

2 comments:

Jasmyn said...

You're hilarious. I can just picture Ty on your back while you drag the cart and Paige sleeps the whole time. :)
Let's get together sometime! Maybe we could plan a quiet time date so the kids will be asleep and we can watch a chick flick!

The Jubbs said...

That's funny! Trips to the grocery store are always a special thing huh? Be very grateful for Ben at night! That is about how my every day goes without Ryan around. We learn to be tough and deal with it anyway, huh?