Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Shopping & Coupons

I told the boys we had a lot of places to go today - Thanksgiving shopping and all. I told them I could get them a special treat if they obeyed and were good. Tyler wanted chicken nuggets and Trenton asked for "throw ups". BAHAHA!! Yeah, I laughed out loud for about three minutes straight. I knew exactly what he was talking about, but I just couldn't help laughing. It was so funny! He meant "fruit roll ups". Oh, I love that little guy.

While at one store I also wanted to laugh out loud at the checker. I mean, come on! I went in and bought 4 things: 4 loafs of the exact same bread with a coupon I had. (Got $4 bread for .99 cents!) Anyhow, she rings me up and the coupon I had had three coupons on one. I was starting to separate them and she pulled out scissors - very nice. She then starting entering all the coupon codes and when the machine beeped at her she asked, "did you get the pizza?" What? Didn't you just ring through 4 items - all the same - and you can't remember (or look over) that they were all the same and NOT pizza.
At another I had to go ask customer service a quick question. I walked up and got the most sour face I've seen in a long time. While she was looking up my information I looked on the counter and there were not one, but FOUR signs saying the same thing: "we pride ourselves on our happy, SMILING, people". Oh, I love the holidays!

On the happiest note - I bought a great Thanksgiving meal and half the trimmings (we're spliting with Jasmyn) for nothing. Lining up sales with coupons and then getting a check back in the mail means HUGE savings! I love it! I heard you could get a coupon high and it's so true! :) Never thought I would be a coupon-clipping shopper. So strange.

No comments: