Friday, February 04, 2011

Many Firsts

We have had a lot of firsts around here lately. First, Paige started eating solids...and she loves them. She especially likes carrots & green beans. And water. Lots of water!
Second, two days after we got home from California, Paige pushed through her first two teeth...pretty much at the same time. She is SUCH a good baby. :) Third, the day after we got home Paige decided to roll over. She has since rolled over from her tummy to her back as well. My days of freedom are coming to a close...there are gates in our future! Fourth: Tyler starting potty training. He is doing great and almost completely dry all the time. We had a small set back the last two weeks where it was a lot of work on my part all over again reminding him, but that was only because he was sick. He loves going in the big kid potty though and is great at going by himself! :) Fifth: Trenton, Tyler & Paige all had double ear infections at the same time. I don't think that's a good thing, but it certainly is a first. :( Happy to say all are feeling better.
Sixth: Trenton started school and loves it. It has answered so many questions and prayers and we are loving the new adventures. Seventh: I have entered a new phase of mommyhood. With all the changes going on, and those listsed are only with my kids, it certainly feels different from the days of just one little baby. It is crazy, and wonderful, and different. I love it. It definitely doesn't feel like playing house anymore.
On a side note, we bought all the family a pair of snow boots for the first time - another first - and used them. THe boys are getting pretty disappointed that it's been FREEZING lately, but not one bit of snow for weeks. Me, I don't miss the snow!

1 comment:

The Woody's Fam said...

I am only leaving one comment even though I could leave like 7 since you finally posted. I was beginning to think you had given up on your blog.

1st, I love that picture of paige in her footie pjs (I think it is on the California post). She is so stinkin' cute.

2nd, I am jealous you got to have such a fun vacation/christmas with disneyland included in the whole mix. Lucky is all I can say. I guess I need to give my parents a hard time about not living an hour away from dland.

3rd, I think James' outburst lately are due to him being board out of his mind. I wish he could have started kindergarten too. So here I am jealous again.

4th, I would never have thought about having a reception at the dinosaur museum. Too cool.

5th, I could go on forever but you would then be bored out of your ever living mind.

Fun posts thanks for sharing!