Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tyler Man!!

Yep, it's true. Tyler is 3 years old! I can hardly believe it! He has grown so much and is generally a happy, fun kid to be around. He certainly lives in his own little world half of the time, but it makes it that much more fun to glimpse inside. Tyler loves his brother and sister and he loves to play with them - I think he likes being the middle child right now because he can play imagination games and also just roll around on the floor and play with baby toys! :)
His impatient-for-surprises mother made sure we opened presents the night before his birthday because who wants to wait until the night of? Not a three-year-old!! We had been counting down the days to his birthday with a paper chain and he was so excited to throw that last one away! Tyler has also been very excited to tell everyone he's three and hold up his three cute little fingers.
I am amazed at what he has learned in his three years of life. Having an older brother sure helps him learn a lot. He knows all his colors and ABCs (and their sounds) and can say the alphabet in order. He knows all kinds of songs and you can usually catch him singing several times a day. He talks a lot and asks a lot of questions. He even questions why something is different if we get off our more 'normal' schedule. He has the most endearing smile and I love him so much!
Tyler got some pretty fun presents and several cards with money from his grandparents. He thought that was cool. Of course, Trenton knew how much Ty was really getting and kept telling him how lucky he was. Tyler was just happy that it was something to put in his piggy bank!
The day of his birthday the lucky boy got to go in for his 3-year. He's pretty healthy. He weighs 33 pounds, which is why I rarely if ever carry him anymore! Later that afternoon his favorite cousin Hannah came to play. (Hannah, you can be the favorite!) We had some friends over too for presents and cupcakes. Tyler loved going to the store with me to pick out everything he wanted for his birthday cupcakes. I was so happy he picked cupcakes...I really like 3-year-olds!! He got a whole baseball set, including the bases from his friends and Hannah gave him two sing alongs on dvd. Now, perhaps Hannah's mother thought Tyler's mother would enjoy these the most! And she's almost right, but Tyler LOVES, LOVES them, too! His favorite is the Disneyland one, perhaps because our family is a little addicted to that magical place!
The next day was Saturday and we had long ago promised the kids we would take them to Chuck E Cheese for Tyler's birthday. It was pretty fun and the kids, of course, loved it. They kept mentioning that we should go to Granddaddy's work, however, that's a little far for a day out with the fams!
It was a great weekend of happy memories for Tyler!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday you cute little boy!! What a fun birthday....

Telitaadams said...

Okay, can you tell I'm catching up???
I'm sure you get this all the time but your kids are really cute!! A belated happy birthday to Tyler!!