Friday, April 08, 2011

Tough Love

Last night we told the boys we would take them bowling and to ice cream tonight. After being dry and not having to be told at all for over two months now, Tyler decided he didn't think bothering to use the potty was a good idea. I tried so hard to help him remember about bowling and even gave him more trys as the day went on...nope. Three accidents. Whatever. Ben was just going to skip the whole night so Tyler couldn't go - I'm mean. We went and didn't let Tyler bowl. He cried a lot. Oh, well. I don't know what will work with him, but that attitude of "I don't want to do anything I don't feel like" isn't going to fly with staying dry...if you know how, you have to stay dry. In the end Tyler was sad that we were all bowling and we told him he could watch. He never screamed though - that's an improvement. Why does he like us to be mean?? Can we say THREE YEARS OLD!!??!!

1 comment:

argylesocks said...

Oh bless. That is a tough one. My boy hates the idea of being treated like a baby, it may be horrible but if he has an accident I put a diaper on him and tuck him into the crib for a nap while acting like he is a baby. He hates it. It seems to be working though. It is awfully hard to follow through with stuff like that.