Friday, April 08, 2011

One day at a time

I loved every moment of Conference. I have started playing the messages on the computer during the day...just a reminder about some things. Wasn't it crazy how much mothers, fathers, and children were talked about? Of course, that's what I heard, because that was what I needed. I heard just enough praise, encouragement, and correction to make me feel happy and like Heavenly Father knew what I needed to hear. Of course, that's the wonderful thing about the Spirit - you can be listening with millions of other people and pull out the few gems you need for that time in your life. It's so cool.
I did a small favor for a friend and she made it seem like it was such a big deal. Depending on what's happening in your life, even the smallest thing can make a HUGE difference. Turning my thoughts to others has been good for me this week.
I made a real effort to do one thing I had to do but didn't want to with a happy, cheerful attitude. Crazy thing...it worked! I didn't make everything else better, but it made dealing with the giant mountain of laundry and the never-ending pile of dishes a lot better.
Baby steps. One day at a time. Life is good and it will seem like a dream looking back on this in a few years. One I'll always remember, but something from long ago.

1 comment:

Telitaadams said...

Your comment about the laundry reminded me of something I read in another blog "changing lives one laundry load at a time: we're not taking care of stuff; we're taking care of people" ... or something like that. Anyway, I've thought of that quote while doing laundry and it's helped me put on a much-needed improved attitude about laundry.:)
You're right about conference. It was just the right amount of correction, praise, encouragement. I can't wait to study them more.