I was helping out with a personal progress activity this week and was asked to come up with a list of things I have learned - either at home, school, or just through life, that have helped me be a mom today.
At first I was just picking obvious things, but my list kept growing and I kept thinking of things over the next few days as well. It was a good pick-me-up to see things that I know and can help my kids with or pass that knowledge onto them. Sometimes those things just get taken for granted. I was grateful I could pay specific attention to them. I'm sure I'll think of hundreds more of the next few weeks.
-playing the piano/teaching piano (I taught at least one person for 9 years)
-planning and time management
-cooking/baking
-sewing
-child care - baths/grooming, feeding, changing, development, etc.
-hair cuts
-how to work hard
-organization
-plant, yard, garden care
-read
-how to teach - preschool, gospel principles, a lot of things inbetween
-nutrition
-personal grooming
-pray and read scriptures
-journal writing
-laundry
-make bed...doesn't a made bed feel so good somedays!!??
-temple attendanc - importance
-how to fulfill callings
-budgeting
-service
-basic car care - oil changes included
-phone calls - doctors, dentist, car repair, etc.
-exercise
-basic interaction with others
-gospel knowledge, especially the Atonement (doesn't that help moms??)
I'm so glad Ben and I are married. I learn new things from him all the time. It's good to learn and grow together as well.
The thing about knowing some of these things is that, take the piano one, I know how to teach and I have been teaching Trenton for almost a year now. I was thinking back about it and he's really coming along. It's been a huge blessing and we're both enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment