Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Puzzler

Tyler loves puzzles. About two years ago he was putting together puzzles with 25 pieces. He hasn't done puzzles in about a year...and so the recent rediscovery has been pretty cool. For the past two weeks Tyler has been sitting at the table doing puzzle after puzzle. He has his favorites, which are puzzles of dinosaurs, of course, but he has been putting together anything that gives him a bit of a challenge. Right now he's on the 100-150 piece puzzles. Two HUGE benefits: First, Tyler sits happy at the table, usually singing softly to himself, and for no less than 30 minutes at a time, but upwards to nearly two hours straight before. Second, I'm starting to feel like I can understand him just a little better. His brain works in puzzles...today I'm going out to hunt for a 'puzzle' of some kind we can take in the car and to the store. Can you imagine if Tyler could be happy and singing softly for up to two hours out running errands??!! I can! :) After admiring the finished puzzles, about half the time Tyler messes them up and starts again. Oh, happy day!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow I'm so impressed.

Foxphi@hotmail.com said...

Amber--your kids are cool! I struggle with understanding Coco a lot, and you have made me realize that it's not about parenting--it's about personalities that are sent into your home to make you grow :)

Fox and Amy said...

Amber--your kids are cool! I struggle with understanding Coco a lot, and you have helped me realize that it's not so much about parenting as it is about the different personalities sent into your home to help you grow. Someone told me that the most difficult spirits were saved for now. Whoopee!