I have been a little overwhelmed lately. There is so much going on and so many changes happening and yet nothing ever stops. Remember the days when you only had one baby and you could sit around and do nothing but hold them and play with them and stay in your pajamas or hang out with a friend all day just talking? Well, I do. That was a long time ago and the past few weeks I miss it. There is always something to do and for some reason three kids just isn't as restful! ;)
So, before I completely forget everything that's going on at this time of our lives, let me do a quick recap of the summer so far.
We've gone to Seven Peaks about 10-12 times. It's super fun and I can easily get over there with the kids. We play for a quick hour or two and then come home and everyone crashes. I just don't know how to do a summer without water!! I've spent a lot of time in the garden, watering, weeding, putting down mulch, etc. This hasn't been a favorite when it's hot out, but I've found some peace out there lately.

We've gone on a few bikerides this summer and have had a lot of fun. Sometimes we ride, sometimes we stop and fish, but I like the riding the best. Maybe because Ben has the trailer with the kids in it and I can just ride however I want.

No matter if she is happy or not, Paige holds her helmet like this for the entire bikeride. It's hilarious. At least she doesn't scream like Tyler used to. It's fun now that Trent can ride his bike alongside us. I can't believe my kids are getting older. Feels weird.


I got braces.

And four teeth pulled and one in the roof of my mouth is being pulled down. Yay! I've been out a lot the past couple of weeks trying to recover, but not really having the time to rest, as previously mentioned. Fortunately, I did get in one really good down day when my two sisters and my awesome husband all worked it out to hang around here so I could do nothing. It's the only day in a long time I haven't made lunch for the kids and it was awesome! My kids' pediatrician told me I look like I'm 12. Yep, thank you very much! I do! I still can't really bite things but have to cut up most things. Trent stares at me and tells me I eat weird. Thanks, Son!
This little girl is getting too big and too smart too quickly. She tells all of us what's up if she doesn't like something.

I cannot believe her birthday is on Sunday. I remember her delivery very well and I remember being amazed as the months went by how much I loved having a little girl. I've always felt a deep connection with Paige and I'm so grateful to be her mother. Another change has been that Paige is completely weened. In the end, she's done and it's good, but it still has a little sadness to it all as I watch her grown up and not need me as much. That's the last of the baby year for my little girl. Bittersweet.
Another change has been the changing of all the wards in our stake. It put Ben and I in a new ward which meant we were technically released. For about 4 or 5 weeks Ben went to both wards to help cover his calling until someone replaced him. It felt weird and awesome to have him helping us get ready for church. On Sunday, after 8 Sundays of filling in as YW president in the new ward, I was officially replaced. Three years ago in August I was put into YWs as secretary and boy, has a lot of changes and stuff happened. I can't explain the relief of knowing the girls were in good hands and the burden of that calling being lifted. It's still weird, but a good weird. I've known since March that my time was ending, but it's all still strange. It's time to move forward and onto something else for both Ben & me. Certainly a very demanding and crazy three years of our lives, but huge blessings have been poured out on us and we feel grateful to have been given those opportunities to serve. The weekly ritual of our whole family going to church on Wednesday nights sunk in for the boys: when we told them we weren't going anymore, Trent was very upset. Who doesn't have fun running around the gym once a week and playing with any other little kids who happen to come?
So much happening, but it's a good time for our family. As more things settle into place I'll have to update in a big chunk again. :)
3 comments:
Ok, so how did I not see any of these posts until today. I wonder if my reader isn't reading properly.
Wow you have a lot of changes going on. New house, no calling, and braces. Braces are no fun! But they are worth it in the end. I can remember like it was yesterday the excitement of getting them off and having a sense of feeling so good about myself. I think I smiled for a year straight showing off my new smile. Funny how something can make such a big difference in your life.
And I have no idea how you have so much energy. You make me tired just reading your posts. I find it hard to just get in the shower some days. My poor kids. Thank goodness for a good backyard to send them out in the sun or they would be missing this entire summer.
I hope you're adjusting to braces. I remember when Dad got his. I was Trent's age. Children are so helpful :D What a lot of changes - but fun changes! PS - LOVE the picture of you and Paige.
Braces! I thought something was different! I can't get over how cute Paige is! The pictures of her playing are so fun. Someone told me the other day, "enjoy the time with just one baby," and after sitting and thinking about it, I thought, YES, this is something that I better enjoy now. Hopefully we'll have more kids, and I can just imagine how the chaos will multiply.
Post a Comment