Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Story of the Shoes

Miss Paige loves shoes. :) If she puts on shoes then of course she believes I need shoes on too. I like cute shoes, however, I do not like wearing them inside.
Last year I bought a cute pair of relaxed shoes at the store my sister works at. I love them! Earlier this week we were at the park when I saw a little girl wearing my same exact shoe in a pink! So cute! I asked if the mom got them at the same store...and yep! On my way home I called my sister, who happened to be at work right then!, and asked if they had any on the shelf. They did! And she told me they were on sale for $8. I asked if she would pick them up for me and I could pay her back. There were only two pairs left, so she did. She also told me she would apply some coupons and her discount for me. Awesome! The next morning I met her near the freeway as she was headed out of town and she told me I didn't owe her anything. I protested, but she wouldn't let me pay. I was a little worried, but she continued with, "they were actually further marked down to $5, so combined with everything I paid $0.86."!!!! So, I think I'll drop a dollar in her purse when she gets back, but that was seriously the nicest thing that happened last week. It was fun. Even more fun was that now Paige is loving getting both our matching shoes and having us wear them on our adventures out. Seriously, how does this little girl know that these shoes match? I don't know, but it's super cute! I just love her cute new shoes. Thanks, Autumn!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those are SO darling! And, I love that story! 0.86?!? Getting an awesome deal like that is the best feeling!!

Laney said...

Love this! Shoes are one thing I am uber girly about. I wouldn't mind having a closet just of shoes. Seriously. Blaine keeps that in check. ;)

argylesocks said...

That picture of her wearing them is adorable!