Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Zoo

Ben surprised us with a trip to the zoo when he got back into town last week. It was so much fun to have him and Trenton home for an extra day to just hang out and play. I was so glad Ben took the day off. It was the perfect thing to hang onto through the whole week of him being gone. I realize that it's no big deal for some, but after not sleeping great, I like having him back home. I never sleep well when he's gone. Talk about a zombie mommy!
So, anyway, the zoo was a blast! It's the zoo that I grew up going to when we would come visit my grandparents in SLC. So many great memories of this zoo. My boys can hardly wait until the new bear exhibit is complete. We'll be going back then, because, after all, it's bears!! My boys remember this gorilla as "the one that looks like big foot". We were so close to this guy, but Tyler couldn't see him because he was under a blanket. When the gorilla lifted the blanket off and sat up right in front of Ty's face, he jumped back three feet...or more. It was funny!
This tiger kept pacing right down in front of us back and forth. I got several shots. It was so big and so close and only behind two nets - not behind glass. It was so cool! This tiger is beautiful. In all we saw five tigers, most just napping the day away! Paige recently learned how to make a kitty 'meow' sound. She loved looking at the small wild cats. Once she got mad because she couldn't get it. These crocodiles were cool. One was in water and the other out. Right in front of us there was a crocodile tooth in the water. Now if Trenton can only get his tooth out, we'll be good!

No comments: