Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Outings and Adventures

My sister, Jasmyn & I had a couple plans to play together before Christmas since we wouldn't get to spend Christmas together. So glad we set those times up to play because our kids had a blast! First, we visited Santa together and did a major Costco shopping trip near Jasmyn's house too, because Costco is farther from me and I never seem to get over there easily.
When we got back to Jasmyn's home we were trying to quickly make dinner for allt he hungry kids and Marc. We had a great time visiting together. Paige was being really good, but really quiet - you know, the 'makes you a little nervous' quiet?!! So, I peeked out of the kitchen and found her in Andrew's carseat, just laying back, chillin', with Andrew's pacifier in her mouth! It was so funny - because she was being good, and because she didn't want to leave that carseat. Not even for dinner!
So, our first Christmas playtime was successful!
A few days later we built a gingerbread house. Okay, actually, as a mom I built it, and the kids decorated it. I claim no part of the decorating, since I just walked away and came back once in awhile to take pictures. Pretty cool to just let them have at it!
We had lots of Santas' visit our house. Paige suddenly realized how much she liked hats in general after wearing this one a few times:
The next outing Jasmyn and I had planned was to do a Christmas treasure hunt through a hotel in SLC and then earn our cookies to eat! It was fun!! We did it last year, so I really wanted to do it again. My kids all remembered and loved it. I think we've found a new tradition!!
Again, part of what made it so nice was that we were able to just relax and have a good time. Even though I should've been packing for our trip to California, I had nothing really pressing to do and it made the week before Christmas DIVINE!!
The last day of class Trent's 1st grade made trains and got to wear pajamas to school and then read The Polar Express. Trenton loved the pajama thing and Tyler asked to wear pjs all day too.
Less than 48 hours before we were supposed to leave for California I decided to play even more and took the kids out to the Bean Museum. It has become one of Tyler's favorite places because of the animals, and since he's always talking about it, Trent has been asking to go too.
Everytime we come home from the Bean Museum Tyler has to sit down and draw every animal he can remember. This is after we have already brought paper and crayons and drawn every animal while we're there. Animals stir his imagination and he loves them so much. This trip I learned that Paige had learned how to pose for the camera. Every second I had it in my hand, she was standing really still and waiting for a picture. Ha! That's better than my boys now! It's a riot how girly/Bradley-ish she is!
Ben and I escaped for an evening and had a great time at Ben's company Christmas party. It's always wonderful food, great company, and hilarious entertainment!
After watching "Charlie Brown Christmas" Tyler decided he needed to practice his Linus blanket skills - and he actually got pretty good!

No comments: