I need to write down a story I haven't shared much because it freaked me out so badly! Within a few weeks of moving into our new home we had someting weird happen.
One weekend night I was extra tired and went to bed early while Ben stayed up watching a game. He feel asleep on the couch, which is downstairs. Around 2am I woke up with someone standing over me, talking to me. It was Ben, but it weirded me out because he had to walk around to my side and would normally just climb in. He was asking me a question repeatedly: "Did you leave the front door open?" WHAT!?? Of course not! It took me awhile to really register what he was saying.
Apparently he had come upstairs around 2am and found the front door wide open! Oh, yes. Freaky! After it clicked in my brain and my heart was racing 100 miles a second, we both jumped into action and Ben ran into the boy's room and I ran into Paige's. Meeting in the hall, we were grateful they were all safe. After another two seconds we both jumped into action to check the entire house out. So my heart went even faster.
We again went into the kids' rooms to look under beds and in closets. Once they were safe we moved through the rest of the house and down into the basement. We searched everywhere we could think, but I still felt like there was a secret place in the house we didn't know about yet. We didn't find anything and just stayed within eye sight of each other because I'm a big chicken. With adrenaline now pumping through my entire body we headed back to bed. I had just barely started getting used to the noises in a new house and now I felt weird about sleeping at all. But thanks to plenty of adrenaline, that wasn't an issue because I didn't fall to sleep again until around 5:30 - and then I got up at 6. :) Completely freaky night. Of course then it took me another month or so to fall asleep again without jumping at every noise and Ben left out of town two days after that occurence. I put a bat by the bed the night he left. And barely slept.
If you're wondering what happened, we don't know. But we think that the door didn't get all the way shut when the kids and I went out front to play earlier that day. When Ben came home we all went inside through the garage and the door looked shut when I went to bed. We think the wind blew it open because the wind here is VERY powerful. However, still freaky and I can write about it because I am once again sleeping.
6 comments:
Oh creepy!! This gave me goosebumps, I'm so glad everyone is safe and sound!
ohh this would creep me out for sure!! I got goosebumps just reading it, but so glad everyone was safe!
Our garage door does that all the time. The wind blows it open. If we don't deadbolt it is seems to get blown open. It was the wind (at least that is what I would tell myself to sleep again!!!).
I feel for you. That is just so terrifying.
Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
That is so scary! I think i would have cried. glad it was just the wind
Post a Comment