Sunday, February 26, 2012

Christmas!!

Okay, so to finally move forward with my blog I am having to post a slideshow of Christmas. Worth it. Christmas was great, but a little weird at times this year.
Christmas, as you remember, was on a Sunday. We went to church and Ty was weird and clingy. Minutes after we got home Tyler threw up...and so that was Christmas for our kids. Trenton and Paige finally got to open presents at the Spencer home at 5pm that night. They were so patient all day. Ty still wouldn't even move and Trenton and Paige opened his presents. Poor kid. After a little medicine he got up for a few minutes and played briefly. Then he threw up more through the night. And around 10pm Trenton started. Trent slept in the bathroom eventually and Ben slept with Ty. It was a little bit of a circus and the next day I smoked everyone out multiple times with lysol and essential oils. Didn't care. I didn't want to be sick during Christmas!!
Paige, Ben, and I escaped and after everyone taking it super easy through the next day (I did feel a little queasy, but just took it slow and got through it), we finally got around to leaving the house and doing things again on Tuesday morning. Crazy!
Needless to say a lot of traditions and activities got put by the side and most never got picked up again. Weird.
Anyhow, we did get to play a lot of rook and pinochle and I got to visit a lot with my mom and dad in the late hours of some nights. Ben finally got a little birthday celebration later in the week.
Fortunately, we stayed well after that until we got home...and then we all got the flu, colds, etc, etc, etc. It was nuts! We even had a round of food poisoning (not my food though!). I routinely am dumping vitamins and green smoothies down my kids. I just don't know what else to do and we have stayed away from things for the last few weeks (knock on wood). Of course Tyler just gave us something a little more exciting, and I'd totally take the flu over the weird hospital stuff, but I'm happy that we're staying well now. I'm ready for warmer weather. Just saying!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free photo slideshow

No comments: