Monday, May 14, 2012

Why I Don't Do Anything, But Hope to Again Someday

There has been so much happening...and I'm missing writing it down! This pregnancy has been very different, with many of the same familiar things as well. I'm not sleeping like I could with the last three pregnancies and I can tell. And when I don't get enough sleep then it pretty much doesn't matter what else I do or take, I am sick. It's very strange...and so I have chosen to sleep quite a bit whenever I can and not get anything done. Mostly, it's working. I pretty much circle the bed all day and lay down whenever I think I can get away with it. Which, is usually quite a lot from my sweet boys...Another fun thing I have this round is allergies - which I've never experienced before and I hope very much they go away after. And now Paige. The last month or so Paige has gone from a daddy's girl to 'only mom can comfort me'. AHH!! It's getting a little better as Ben just takes control and pulls her away from my room so I can sleep anyway, however, with Ben's recent two weeks away, it was not made better. :). She's adorable, I love that she loves me, but she's still too little to understand that I don't want her to climb on me. Recently I did discover that I can turn on Dora or Little Einsteins and get her to lay quietly next to me for sometimes a good 15 minutes. Movies are totally out, but I'll take 15 minutes most days! Here is Paige NOT getting what she wants....
I know, attractive, right? Anyhow, while that's not so great for me sleeping, Paige is really quite fun. She pretty much has done away with signs and sounds. She trys to say every word now and usually does a pretty good job. It's very cute to hear all her words for our family members and things she sees everyday. She definitely knows how to ask for juice, milk, and water...and if you know Paige, you know she would be quite happy with an all liquid diet most days. I love this adorable little happy face she does when she's excited about something. Her mouth can't get any bigger when she does it. I should go capture that on film. Paige happily jumps in and helps with almost any chore I am doing (less frequent these days). She is great at loading silverware, sorting clothes, and picking up toys. She loves to hand me pillows when I make the bed and throw 'barbage' away in the garbage can. Tyler can get her to do all his chores (silverware, wastebaskets, shoes, clean his room). It's really quite hilarious. And something I encourage because come summer Ty is getting way harder chores and Paige will have those chores anyway. :) Tyler is pretty much getting away with everything lately....well, not being a good kid, but after chores are done (and sometimes before) he knows he can pretty much do anything he wants. Frequently lately that has been playing with Paige in the toy room, so that's been really nice. I just love when those two get along so great. It's getting more common to go a whole day with no problems between them. Another thing I love and encourage right now is the way Tyler can navigate Netflix. I realize I'll have to correct his love for watching shows in the next few months, but right now I'm just focused on sleeping and resting. I'm getting good at finding ways! Ty was getting sad about the fact that I have been using paper plates and won't let them use any of their character dishes. One day, after asking why he couldn't use them several times, he comes up with this: Ty: "Mom, can I please use my cars plates?" Me: "um..." Ty, jumping in fast: "Mom, I promise I will help you put away all the clean dishes and load up all the dirty ones. I know you can't always do the dishes, but I will help you everyday, Mom. Everytime you need". Of course I gave in. And actually, he helps every single time I ask him to help me with the dishes and he does it happily. I was amazed that he understood why we were not using dishes. Love that kiddo! Trenton is so cute. He wouldn't want me to say that, but I'm so proud of him. He's such a good big brother to both Tyler and Paige. I rarely have to tell him to get started on his homework or chores. He's a good example of getting things done so you can be free and play - something else I plan on using to my advantage over the summer. He is getting old enough to help out with a lot and especially when Ben was gone, I was able to ask him to do new things and have Tyler do the things Trenton usually would do for me. They are pretty good kids and I am pretty lucky to have them. While I don't always get a lot of sleep now, I can count on not being woken up on Saturday mornings because they quietly get Paige up and all three go downstairs and take care of each other until we wake up. Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Yesterday was the best Mother's Day. I got breakfast in bed (and I'm always hungry right when I wake up these days!), I got a letter from Ben and a cute poem/card from Trenton. I got my kitchen cleaned by all my boys, the kids given naps, and I got a three hour nap all by myself. I got all the meals made and at church I got a surprise and got to go to RS instead of wrestling 3-year-olds. We got berry parfaits during the lesson (which I know must've been for me because it totally saved me from losing it). It was just cozy, lazy, and I got SO MUCH SLEEP!! Today I did something I haven't done in 9 weeks. I mopped my floors. Pretty gross...and I only mopped with a push mop, but they look and feel so much better. I was happy to have a little bit of energy for that today. Tomorrow after I sleep and rest and finally convince myself to get up, perhaps I'll fold the growing pile of laundry next to my bed. And maybe I'll turn that job over to my kids. I know they are learning all about pitching in for the family this summer. That is, if I can be awake enough to teach them things like that! :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hang in there Amber! And don't feel bad about not mopping the floors, I've totally been there too. :) Good luck with the crazy end of school year stuff while you're not feeling too great.

argylesocks said...

I am so glad you are taking time to sleep. You need and deserve it! And your sweet kids will think they are spoiled with free access to netflix and the toys! Can we come play in the back yard, bring you lunch, and let you sleep one of these days?

Telitaadams said...

Amber, You're pregnant!! I'm so happy for you! I have gotten so far behind in my blog reading, which is why I didn't discover this before. I'm glad you're able to get some rest. Hugs from Washington!

Telitaadams said...

Oh no, I think I deleted my last comment ... I was just writing to say I was so excited to discvoer you're pregnant with baby number 4! Congratulations!!