Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer time!

Summer is here!! We have been eating so much great fruit...and I'm extra happy to say that because most of April and May were spent avoiding all things sweet. I'm so glad I'm not completely repulsed by the idea of some fruit now. We had our first watermelon, and I was in heaven! We have been eating blueberries and strawberries and we're looking forward to grapes, peaches, and lots of apples and pears! We went fishing. I'm more of a 'sit back and watch', which also translates to 'we have young children so I can't really fish', but we did have a really good time and I threw a couple casts. We caught several fish, but Paige's face each time we'd bring one up was pretty hilarious. Between the face and her trying to get far away from the slimy, wiggly thing it was better to watch her! We are having a bit of a hard time at our house - hats is an issue. I wear hats sometimes, but Paige is really sad some days when I tell the boys (who do not want to comb hair on swimming days) to get hats, and Paige always wants one too. I sometimes put my foot down if I spent more than 30 seconds on her hair, but often I just pull it out and she ends up putting her own hat on and we get: Ben & I found our new favorite nursery! And we think our kids are sold too. They have a few turtles on the property and one day we found three of them. This one kept coming right up next to where my kids where. They were in heaven! We have been reading a lot this summer. And even Paige can be found in a room by herself reading a book. I recently snagged a few bookshelves from my sister who was moving and love having many more of our books out and accessible. We still need a few more bookshelves for all of them, but we'll get there. And finally....swimming!! I LOVE swimming. If you could just put me in a pool all summer long I'd be so happy. So naturally, even though I really don't get to swim much with kids, I love taking them and being around the water. (I think I should retire to an island.) My kids love it and so between our small pool in the backyard and going to many different pools around here, we've been in the water about 10 days since June started. It's awesome! I love summer!

1 comment:

Jasmyn said...

I love Paige's new hair do! Oh, and she is TINY...as I'm pretty sure Hannah fit that swimsuit when she was 10 months old. :)