Sunday, July 29, 2012

Camping

A few weeks ago we decided to go camping. I went up and grabbed us a site after lunch and then we all went back when Ben got off work that night. Our kids were such good campers and loved every bit of it. Too bad I don't like it. But I still think we'll try and go again soon because it was a lot of fun and they were just so good!
Everyone wanted a chance to blow up mom and dad's air mattress!
 Tyler is our little nature guy and loves listening for different animals and hunting for them too.

 I know these pictures look a little crazy - my suspicions that some little girl changed the setting on my camera were verified after I downloaded these pics!
 Ben got all the kids roasting marshmallows and putting s'mores together. He's great and just let me do whatever - which included taking pictures and laughing at all the funny things the kids were saying. It was low-key and perfect!



 This was Paige's first s'more and to say she loved it is an understatement! Ben and I both don't care for s'mores much so we haven't thought to feed them to the kids until we were out camping...Of course you need them when camping!


We brought just enough stuff for a quick breakfast the next day and so clean up was easy. Paige wanted to go to bed first because she wanted to sleep in the pack and play....? She is certainly our best little camper and did great sleeping with all of us in the same space. The boys snuggled in immediately and were very soon passed out for the night. I woke up when the moon was overhead and checked on the kids - Tyler and Trenton were both covered up in the sleeping bags and were plenty warm. I was actually surprised that they all slept so great through the night. No one woke up before 7:30, and while camping, that's a miracle. It gave me great hopes for our family vacation that was to come!

No comments: