Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Fruits of Our Garden

Our garden is going nuts! And it's great. Good thing I have some canning supplies and many good friends offering to help me do it all!
 We already have a gallon ziploc size bag full of blackberries and they just keep coming. Pies, smoothies, syrups, ice cream...it's all going to be delicious!

 Our zucchini and cucumbers are going crazy. This is after we've eaten at least 5 zucchini and several peppers that week. Yesterday I took a big one and made 7 loaves of zucchini bread. Fortunately my kids ate two loaves themselves yesterday (yikes!). We eat it steamed and cooked in butter and grated into things they don't even know about. But, if it comes out of the garden, my kids want a piece of it.
 I love looking out at our mountains. They are pretty close now. I was talking with a lady from another country a few weeks ago and she mentioned how amazing the mountains are, especially since she doesn't have any where she comes from. I love seeing them when I open the windows in the morning.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Yummy! That all looks wonderful and sounds perfect for the summer, too.