This pregnancy has been very different from the other three. For starters, it's my fourth! Which means that at 12 weeks along I started having Braxton hicks and other fun things like pressure the kind of which should not happen until you are 36 weeks along, minimum! Good times!
Needless to say, I was pretty nervous about going on our trip to California. I was recommended a belt, which I remember thinking was pretty funny with my first, but loved and used EVERY DAY of that vacation. I don't use it everyday around the house because it's honestly not the most comfortable thing ever. But it's very nice to have if we're going to be walking a lot or I have a long day of whatever. It's nice to get to 10pm and not be crying, laying on my side, begging all the pain to go away. :)
A friend suggested that I use baths at night to help - and it does too. Pretty much, what I have learned from all of this, is that I really, truly don't enjoy pregnancy. But I am sure grateful that I can have babies and that I will be able to hold a new little baby in the next few months.
I realize that the pain and pressure probably means I need to slow down and take it easy, but have you ever had three kids? And a husband, house, and garden/trees going out of control? And the produce is only starting to come in, so this fall means serious business!
So, if I'm going to be on my feet all day (which is all the time, right?) I just wear my belt and remember to drink lots of water. All the kids know where all my water bottles are.
I have also gotten the baby-is-coming bug! It's SERIOUS business when that hits! This week alone I have organized and cleaned out: the desk drawers, all the bathroom showers/drawers/cupboards, recipe binder, mud room, and my front closet (which has been filled with all our pictures and wall hangings since we moved here. I cleaned it out, hung them up, and am actually using that closet like a closet now. Amazing.)
In the previous weeks our garage and toy room were cleaned out. Which is like a natural high to push you on to the next project!
Today I have planned the pantry. And only have: guest room, craft room, storage rooms, and baby clothes to get to before this one comes. Which will, of course, keep me completely busy and occupied!
So while I have to force myself to take breaks from cooking (so much from the garden) and organizing, I am grateful I have this push and a little more energy these last few months to do so. And until this baby comes and I have the excuse not to go anywhere for a month, I will just take comfort that at least my feet aren't swelling and hopefully the cooler weather will take care of that as the months progress!
1 comment:
When I saw your post title I thought you went out to buy yourself a cute new pair of shoes or to post that the dreaded kankles had started.
I meant to tell you the other day all your pictures looked great. I love that stage of pregnancy when you just want to get everything done. It is such a relief to not feel so sluggish.
Post a Comment