Today I had a goal to train Trenton on how to clean the toilet. During our trainings the kids just come over and watch me as I explain what I'm doing and how I'm doing it step-by-step. They don't do the chore during trainings - just watching.
So, I put my yellow gloves on and start telling him how a person would clean the toilet. The kid starts gagging! It was so funny! I got him to calm down and we got through it, but apparently he had never thought much about how a toilet gets clean because he was so disgusted by the idea of me putting my hands on the dirty toilet. It was HILARIOUS!! I explained that I was wearing gloves and told him that he was always welcome to wear gloves if he wanted. Of course, he does.
We then had a nice little talk about the reasons for me wanting the boys to aim better and while he is usually not the culprit, he totally got it. I know he will be even more careful when using the toilet from here on out. :)
Moral: 1) chore trainings are awesome! Even if they're not ready to do the chore yet, it helps get them thinking about all the work a mommy does when cleaning up after them!!
2) We will be having a few more trainings on cleaning the toilet before he actually does it. I guess he'll at least be close enough to throw up in the bowl! :)
3 comments:
That is so funny. I guess I am a mean Mom; James and especially Lincoln have been cleaning the toilets for a year now. Best part about it, is their aim has improved 95% because of it. Their poor aiming skills is also what led to them cleaning the toilets. They would do this dual sword fighting thing ie. pee side to side. Yikes you can only imagine.
They actually loved cleaning the throne from day one and still fight over who gets to clean it. They hate cleaning the mirrors (little fingers all over the mirrors led to this also)- I bet Trenton would happily clean the mirror vs. the toilet. Maybe we should set up a swap - I'll give you James and Lincoln to do your toilets and you can send me Trent he can come do the mirrors.
That is awesome! Totally made me laugh out loud just picturing Trent gagging. Good for you in training your kids -- their roommates/companions in the future will thank you!
Hilarious! and inspiring. I'm adding that to O's chore list!
Post a Comment