Paige's birthday was three days after we returned from vacation - so I wrapped everything before we left. We opened presents with Ben's parents while we were there and then opened all the other presents once we were home. My parents and two youngest sisters were here visiting over Paige's birthday. We also invited Ben's brother his wife and Ben's sister. Paige loved being the center of it all!
Tea party set from Grandma and Grandpa S. She sets it up like this frequently and Tyler enjoys playing tea party and kitchen with her.
Everytime I would ask her what she wanted for a cake, Paige would respond "PINK!". Of course! So I did pink and confetti cake and sprinkles. Paige didn't have a clue what this was that we were giving her, but she was very excited that it was pink because she kept telling me so. :)
Confused about the singing, but always ready with a great smile!
Not really understanding what blowing out candles means...
So Trenton stepped in to help. Then she was good. The next day there were a few more cupcakes left and she asked for one and then wanted a candle - which she told me by pucking her lips and blowing. She gets it now and just wants to blow out candles. Which means we'll have to keep her back at Trent's birthday.
Ben and I gave her this little rocking chair. I am certain as soon as I start using my glider to nurse and rock the baby, Paige will be right there rocking and feeding her babies in this chair.
My theme for her birthday was everything kitchen. She's totally good with that!
Ben's siblings all got her clothes - many of which we pink like this cute tutu! Paige wore it at once...and then again a few more times this week. Yep, she's good with the pink clothes and the sparkles are just an added bonus!
My mom found out what I was giving Paige and made her these oven mitts and dish cloths and towels. At first Paige tried to put the mitt on her foot, but once we showed her what it was, and that it was like mom's, she is happy to use it in her kitchen. It's so funny to watch her put it on and pull out something out of her oven. I think she likes all the accessories.
Here is the main present. The kitchen. The cute hutch next to it was given to us by my sister and Paige LOVES it. Having a place for all the dishes and a great place to cook has been a hit this week - with all the kids. Tyler will frequently ask Paige if she wants to head downstairs and play with him. They spend hours down there playing kitchen together...which is exactly what I was hoping would happen.
This face is hilarious, but I think she was a little overwhelmed by all the great stuff she got - and not that she wants to cook you. The next few days were good for sorting it all out in her head. Nearly every morning she announces that she's heading to play 'food' and I am more than happy to let her play. It was a good gift choice this year.
The next morning Paige had a present dropped off on the porch while we were out. She got this cute piggy bank and some paper dolls. I think her other favorite color is yellow (it's one she talks about just a little less than pink) and she loves this piggy sitting in her room.
It was a lot of gifts and several days of it. It was a blast and it's been so much fun to watch her play with and love all her gifts. I see about a hundred tea parties in our future - especially with another girl on the way. Happy thoughts!
1 comment:
Lucky Paige! I always wanted my own kitchen to play with. I just might have to come play with hers ;)
Post a Comment