Alright, I know I'm not old, but as my sister lovingly pointed out - I am three decades old now.
It was a good day and I did a lot of relaxing and just enjoying the day.
I asked my friend if she would mind hanging out with me and my kids in the morning and hitting McDonalds for lunch because I really didn't want to do peanut butter sandwiches again, but I did want some girl time and my kids worn out for naps. It was great!
This was in her present to me - and I LOVED it!
These plants are from my kids and hubby. Everyone picked out one. I have been wanting plants in this house for awhile and Ben decided to pick some out. I love them!
And that night I got to go see Wicked for the first time. I love it! I want to see it again someday. It was pretty much the only thing I wanted and Ben was happy to let me have it. With all the craziness of Ben's schedule (he was supposed to be gone that week) I invited my sister to go with me. She's seen it before, but of course loved going again. She told me it was life-changing...I might agree. I really loved everything about it and now love listening to the music even more. It was a great closing to a great day!
Don't worry - I'm not sad about being 30. I realized I shouldn't be 22 anymore with 3 1/2 kids and a house and those years of putting Ben through school and on and on...:) It was just weird to suddenly be older and not feel like I should be older. But I guess I have a 7-year-old....
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good day celebrating! Love the picture of you and your sis.
Speaking of "old" - I'm older than my BIL but my nieces and nephews have a hard tim grasping. When Jeff turned 30 we were talking to Sam who was 6 at the time and was getting him to guess how old his family was. He started with his dad and when we told him he was older than 18 he promptly said, "Das's older than dirt!" He couldn't figure out what was so funny. Its now a running joke. Somehow I can picture Ty thinking its funny, too.;) I miss you SO big time!
If you turned old what does that make me? Really Really OLD? I'm glad you enjoyed Wicked.
Post a Comment