Friday, September 07, 2012

It's the Little Things

Ben likes when I make him cookies but he has always been particular about how soft they have to be. I WAY undercook cookies per his request and several years of cookie expert training...:)
We used to have a fine cookie jar, but after three days I would be told they were too old to eat anymore. This isn't a problem when we finally got some kids to help eat them (because a cookie is a cookie to a kid), but I really don't make them for my kids and I often forget to give them any. I finally found a HUGE cookie jar WITH a screw on lid that works! Ben even ate the cookies 6 days later...and that's about how long they lasted. I still completely abhor chocolate chip cookies - and any other kind of chip in them - so making these is my first pick everytime.
 Tyler has been wanting an umbrella of his own for awhile now. At four years Trenton had to do extra chores around the house for me to earn his, so why not Tyler? He has been working for the past month on earning this umbrella and this week he finally did all 30 chores required of him. He was VERY thrilled! Of course now we need a summer storm to come through 1) during the awake hours of my children and 2) while we are home so he can actually use it.

1 comment:

The Woody's Fam said...

Bummer he didn't get to use it yesterday.

I keep forgetting to check your blog now that you've gone private. I noticed you popped up on our site so I checked yours and sure enough you posted.