Well, it's that time of year again - preschool time! I asked Tyler if there was anything he really wanted to learn about and, of course, his answer was: ANIMALS! Not just some....but he wants to learn about ALL animals. I told him we'd get to as many as we could!
With plenty of bottles from our canning adventures still on the counter, it was time to start. Last week was all around going over letters and numbers, because even though I was pretty sure I knew what he knew, it was still nice to see right in front of me what he knew.
All he wanted to do was print his letters, add some numbers and color pictures of zebras (we started on Z the first week, which is mostly why I wanted to get in a trip to the zoo recently) while I read to him. It was fun and with only one kid this year he got a lot of time and attention and some mom time just for him. As I thought, he was completely happy and good the rest of the week - just getting a few hours from me.
For some reason Paige was off playing by herself and didn't want to come color and whatever - which I am okay with. When she finally joined us Tyler was done and she sat up at the counter just wanting to do her favorite: put stickers on a paper and color it. Works for me. I'm sure she'll join in on many things this year, but we'll just let her participate in what she wants when she wants....because all that playing is school for her.
Tyler has been asking two things lately: when will our baby be here and when is Halloween? So, we mapped it out for his brain. I have always loved doing chains with my preschoolers - it shows them in a way they can deal with how far out an event is and it's a fun combination of skills: cutting, taping, counting, etc.
Tyler is VERY excited to have these two chains up and he is the one that remembers everyday to take a chain off each one. He was so excited to show Trenton and Paige and Ben. Those chains are very long, but it did catch me off guard: when we put them together I had 80 days until my due date. :0. I had no idea I was under 100 days yet - which means I need to ramp up my 'before baby gets here' plans and start finishing up some projects.
1 comment:
Looks like us busy Moms need chains too. I think our brains get focused on so many things we need a child like tool to visualize it. WOW, only 80 days to go; plus or minus (since we really never know when those bundles of joys will arrive).
PS we are dessert people and that cake looks divine! You need to post the recipe too.
Post a Comment