Following tradition we headed to the State Fair this year. Although we drag our kids into any displays and places we want, we also take them several fun places. We played with giant bubbles, 
Tyler found a giant puzzle of the United States and since he knows where all the states go he was REALLY excited to try out his skills. I was thinking this puzzle would be a hit for Christmas...
We went into the DNR building, which is a little on the scary side for me and wonderful for the kids...
Ben bought the kids their own giant lollipops, which they loved and could only eat a little of before they threw them away. But it was fun for 20 minutes! Ben and I shared a funnel cake while we waited for them.
We let each kid pick a couple rides to go on, and the one they all agreed on together was a giant slide on a burlap bag. Trent and Ty went up by themselves and I was sure Tyler was going to freak out and not go down, but he did and he was very proud of himself afterwards, too!
Tyler's favorite part was, of course, all the animals. I thought I was going to lose it in the sheep building, but kept it all together so my kids could have fun. I am not a sensitive person normally (in fact I'm not even sure I have smellers when I'm not pregnant) but for whatever reason I was having an extra hard time that night. I was so glad they were all having a blast checking out all the animals!
Miss Paige mostly likes sitting in the stroller, but she definitely wanted a turn on the big slide with daddy and she was very proud of herself after. She spent a good part of the day collecting stickers & stamps to put on her shirt and hands.
It was fun - like every year - and we'll probably go again next year. I think because the only day we could go was smashed between so many busy days and nights that Ben and I were a little tired, but we had a blast all together hanging out and walking through buildings of painting and butter sculptures...all good memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment