Friday, October 26, 2012

How to Get Things Done

I have been wanting to make something along these lines for my home for awhile now. Just something about each season. As the sign ups for Super Saturday were going around, these were in there and only like two people signed up. So, I figured it'd be easy and simple - and add something easily to what I wanted, without any of my own work, because everything was already ready for me. :) And then I took a few of my own projects - pjs for Christmas gifts and baby shower gifts. With all the canning and baby focus, these are projects that need attention (because they come with deadlines) but they are also helpful to be done after kids are in bed - and that time has all been used on sleeping or canning. :)
I normally don't do Super Saturday, but it was good to go and have a great lunch that I didn't have to listen to people whine about or clean up after, and get some of my own projects done.


As I was leaving, Ben saw all that I was taking to do of my own stuff and said, "Okay, now you're just being like your mom". I replied with, "Well, maybe a little like your mom since I'm mostly going to support the RS". I guess it really was both - support them in their callings and get some of my own stuff done - exactly the combination of my mother and mother-in-law. :) 
P.S. I wasn't the only one there with personal projects - I sat and worked near a lady who was scrapbooking.  

2 comments:

Laney said...

Those are so cute! It would never have occurred to me to take my own projects. That's brilliant really.

argylesocks said...

I just mis-read your last few lines and started laughting really hard thinking you said to ben, "Well, maybe your a little like your mom." and in my head the next sentence was something to do with canning.