Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Happy Chore Days

My kids do chores. It's good for them, and though sometimes a big pain for me, sometimes they can actually do them 1) themselves, and 2) happily! Friday was like that. I had stayed up until 1am (again) canning with Ben and was just physically done the next day. However, my kids knew what to do. They started checking off charts and getting things done and Paige asked me to help her do the silverware. I think my kids also realized that since I wasn't doing much they could probably get things done quickly and then be free to do anything. They were right. Friday turned into 'destroy the basement/movie' day. Awesome!
One of my favorite things right now is that my kids unload the dishwasher. I help - some. But Trenton does the bottom and Tyler does the top, and if I put the silverware on the counter, Miss Paige will grab a stool and put it away. I'm thinking just a few more months and she'll be doing it all without my help.  
Don't you just love when they are happy and helpful?!!

No comments: