Thursday, October 04, 2012

The good and bad and sad

Yesterday I went to the orthodontist. Which is always painful and by dinner time I can barely eat. But this was different. They told me they put the last wire size on me AND gave me elastics. Which was great for getting out of braces sooner, but very sad for my mouth! PAINFUL! Yep, pure pain.
By dinnertime last night I ate about three bites. I ended up having some hot chocolate - because at least it didn't hurt. And it tastes great! I have contemplated going on a liquid diet with these elastics. And why not? It's not like I'm pregnant or anything...oh, wait. But really: water, juice, milk, protein shakes when I need a little extra, hot chocolate, red raspberry, etc. Okay, maybe not while I'm pregnant. But I'll still think about it.
Today was a little better so I do have some hope. It might eventually not be so painful I want to cry. Of course it doesn't help that one side of the elastics is pulling on the tooth that was in the roof of my mouth (fun story? oh, yes!) and I don't think it is happy being in a normal spot yet because anytime they mess with it it hurts more.
And yes, my elastics - they are a bummer, as the name on the bag says.
However, I do have one more shining point from that appointment: they gave me flossers - you know the kind that are little plastic, one-time-use with the little floss in them that takes about 3 seconds to work with? But these are for braces - they actually have a flat edge that fit up under the braces. I love them. Of course I'll still floss the threading, completely boring way, but having these means that not every floss session has to take 15 minutes. Hooray!
Now, if only I can sleep tonight and not wake up every two hours in pain....it's like my baby is already here, but without the cute baby!

No comments: