This entire week has been warm - really warm. And we have played outside every possible minute. Last night Ben came home a little early to prune a few trees and mow up some leaves. The boys were out raking leaves before he even got home so they could jump in them, but of course they were willing and happy to help him out until it got too dark to see.
Tuesday and Wednesday I was out in the yard with the kids while they played and I pruned roses and bushes. Do you know how much fun the electric hedge trimmer is?? It's super fun! It is so fast and easy and then I just ask the kids to rake up the mess and bag it up. They actually do pretty well at that job. Besides, it let them play outside longer afterwards, so they were all for it. :)
And then last night it started raining. And it's already snowing right now as I write. Tyler asked to go out in the rain, and I told him only for five minutes because it's super cold. Sure enough he came in 5 minutes later and said, "Mom, that is not rain - it's ICE!". Yep, it turned to snow about five minutes after he got in the house. Fun, but much more fun when the temperature isn't in the 30s. We're supposed to get rain and snow all weekend, so we'll see what fun it is on Monday. All I know is this will be our first weekend in months where we won't have any yard work - the winter is pretty nice for that.
Tyler already has a plan for when Trenton gets home today - to watch a movie and drink hot chocolate! And after we got back from dropping Trenton off I had to find some Christmas music to play. It was easy to resist when it was warm and sunny out, but if it's going to snow, then I need some Christmas music. Especially because these two months, for me, are one big package of food, family, thinking of others, thankful hearts, and warm memories. I like having two months of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment