So, laughing is becoming an everyday thing for me. It has to be, or I will definately be found one day sitting in a corner drooling, rocking back and forth and humming to myself. Okay, it's not that bad, but at times it feels that way. I love my two little boys and all the joy they bring...unfortunately much of that joy is more easily felt at night when they are both sleeping.
Last night after a few attempts to run some errands as a family and having to continually come home to change this kid or that one or whatever because it's just easier to change multiple blowouts near a sink and washing machine, Ben and I looked at each other and just knew we were both thinking the same thing! "Don't you dare ever leave me to do this alone!" Oh, and "I'm sure glad you've got one of them!". Neither of us thought one hour of running around town was too much to ask, but apparently it is.
On the happy side of things, this morning seems to be looking up because Tyler is now feeling much better from his ear infection and startly to sleep again! Trenton is actually happy and content to play using his imagination and not whining at me because he's bored and I am just grateful for the enormous amounts of 5 and 4 hour segments of sleep that I got last night. I can handle those chunks of time much better than 30 minutes. I read that only POWs and mothers of newborns truly understand the torture of sleep deprivation. Never been a POW, but I believe it.
I am very grateful, despite my small need to vent for a moment, for my family and my home, friends, talents and my life. I love being a mom and I need to find more ways to remember that. But, I do feel like I am laughing tons more than ever before and just sitting down and enjoying the fall-apart moments on the floor more. It's sad to be in a rush sometimes, and while I know that it's just sometimes that way, I can see how rushing our little two-year-old sometimes just isn't worth it. I love watching his mind and body grow and seeing how his face looks when something just clicks in his mind. What a blessing he is. I also love having another little baby to cuddle and hold since Trent is way to big for that most of the time! :) Tyler is such a joy and is already getting quite the fun personality. I think they will be great friends.
And now I need to go tickle my boys and read to them before we have a much needed quiet time for mommy and boys. It's the down time that allows me to laugh and also feel calm after a very busy day with Trent and Tyler.
1 comment:
Amber - I love reading your blog! :) Thanks for keeping it so up-to-date. The story about Trent with the dirt was hilarious. Thanks again for highlighting my hair last night too, oh and buying my dress with me! I love you!
Post a Comment