Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our School




Well, it's school time for us. While so many little kids are going to preschool, I have chosen a different route. My friend, Heather, and I have wrote a curriculum together for the past two years and I am so excited this year! It's all about maps and traveling (boats, cars, trains, and everything else little boys love!) and how the world and traveling plays a part in their everyday lives. And we've included all the basics of shapes and colors and numbers, but in really fun ways! (For those of you who don't know about this part of my life, just ask...it's really fun!)
We have officially "started" this year and we're already having so much fun! We colored the front cover mind map for the year that Heather beautifully put together for us. Trent's favorite part is saying the pledge in the morning...I think he just likes holding the flag! Also, our new, thematic chore chart is a HUGE hit and Trent is already reminding me that we have to do our chart everyday!! Consistent is best around here! We have been reading "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" and Trent has loved putting together his binoculars and reading car...we'll have to get pictures of those too! We're having a blast!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

How did you come up with the curriculum?! My neighbor and I were thinking of doing the same thing with our boys but don't really know where to start. Trent looks so proud of his work. He's so cute.