Sunday, November 16, 2008

I love this man!


This is more like a journal entry and very random...
How funny that life seems to be filled up faster than we can clear things out and with time going faster each year, how do you ever stay on top of it all? For starters, everyone sleeping through the night most of the time really does help. Even though school is over for both of us, it seems like we now have way more time than school was taking up filled with outside things. Recently Ben and I sat down and figured out some better ways for us to accomplish our couple goals. For the last little while Ben and I have been trying to fit in all those things that we need to be doing, but that sometimes get pushed to the back burner: personal scripture study; exercising; specific date night; etc. We started getting up an hour to a half hour earlier each morning and studying at the same time. We don't even sit next to each other, but for some reason having the other person up with you is really motivating. Ben usually eats about that same time and afterwards I do something in the form of exercising to get my heart rate up. For the second part of exercising, Ben and I just set up a schedule to go running during his lunch break. Nothing like a free gym membership to motivate you in the cold of winter! We have also set aside the same night every week for date night which has really helped. Now, many weeks we just stay home, put the kids down early and do anything from playing games to planning vacations together! Since Ben would almost rather be home than anywhere else, it's a very calm, relaxing way to spend time together. We have also started up trading babysitting again with our good friends. That's starting to guarantee at least once a month where we can get out and do something a little more exciting, but last month we chose ripping up tile, so it's not always screaming romance! Fortunately, spending time together and making memories is our whole goal. I'm grateful for my wonderfully patient husband who loves me so much. I'm pretty sure that any other man would have run away a long time ago. I'm glad I married the best person for me and my best friend - a bonus!

No comments: