Wednesday, December 31, 2008

San Diego

Ben's favorite Bradley tradition is the San Diego trip. This year we rented a 15-passenger van (yep, it's true, the Bradley's no longer own one!) and all went down together. We just fit, even my grandparents! Ben and I would love to live in San Diego someday...we saw people golfing down there! We'd choose that over skiing.
The trip down was fun and just right for Tyler who got a lengthy nap in before another full day!
Our first stop is to eat fabulous food at Acapulco. YUM!!
Always a good wrestling match with Chase...goober head!
Trent and Giselle enjoying the food.
I love my stroller! The traditional kid picture by the fountain.
After walking around old town and stopping for whatever candy we think we can pile in ourselves it's on to the tide pools. This year we went on the perfect day where the tides were just at the right time. It was so much fun for everyone to go pretty far out. On the way back I could barely get across while the waves were coming back in and in fact I just ended up stepping in the water in order to keep Trenton dry. Oh, well...I was only wearing flip flops :) It's also tradition for all the siblings to get a picture together at the tide pools. It smells so good at the beach and it's full of wonderful memories. We have to always look for the crabs and any fish who get stuck in the cliffs until the waves come back up.
I think it was Marc or Chase who told Trent this was a dinosaur footprint...of course he was hooked!
Because Marc had never seen the San Diego temple before we drove over there and got out for a bit. This was the first time Ben and I have been back to this temple since we have been married. It was so fun to go back and remember the day we got married. Yep, we should live in San Diego one day!
Before we head home we always have to stop at Balboa park and "get our wiggles out"! We play "aligators" which is just tag on the play equipment without touching the ground and always try to make ourselves sick on the spinning things. So much fun! We got to stop at In-N-Out on the way home so Ben and I are happy!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I agree, you should live back in California. We miss you guys. :)