I love being married! We have three adorable little kiddos who I have the privledge of being mommy to every day. I am blessed to have the many talents and experiences that I do and I try to use them to create wonderful memories for my little family. With plenty of real life moments mixed in too!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Word confusion brings laughter to the parents of children
This is a typical Tyler activity: pull out everything in the little bookshelf and then sit down and "read" through the books. Once in awhile he sees if he can get his teeth into any, but he really does love to look through the books.
A new favorite in our home is to put up the tent and tunnel and throw the boys and some toys in there. They play together for a long time - the other day was 45 minutes - so I am always very happy to put it up for them! It sure helps on those days when I don't want to leave the house!
Trent loves to pull out several puzzles all at once and then line them up after he has completed them.
His finished work! I have been laughing to myself about this for a few days now. A couple months ago during Family Night Trent just injected a funny little piece of news. He said, "Mom? I'm easy". Of course Ben and I couldn't even try and figure out if we heard him right or what he meant by that because we just laughed and laughed and laughed! This of course made Trent think that what he had said was very funny! When we finally were able to talk and ask questions we found out that he really had told us that he was easy. We talked and talked about it after that night trying to figure out where he heard that or what he meant. Nothing. A few days ago I was scrubbing the toilet and this memory came to me and I of course started laughing again. Then it hit me where that came from. Trent had overheard me telling several people that once he turned three he calmed down so much and is now very easy. I guess I really have to watch what I say now because he hears everything! One other funny moment is that I would say things like "Oh, this stain (or picture or website etc.) is being a pain." One day in JC Penneys, along with a friend (of course there's always witnesses) Trent says, "Mom, I'm a pain" and then laughs. He doesn't even know what that means...and I know I haven't called him that before. I ask the clarifying, "You're a pain"? and right then Ben's friend and co-worker walks by and says that he's going to let Ben know how I really treat the boys when Ben's away...calling them pains and everything! Oh, my sweet kids!
Painting - Trent can sit at the table for a long time and create - paint, color, draw, etc. I'm not sure why he wanted to paint the words of the scripture, but whatever!
We learned about how our family is sealed together forever and about temples. Of course we had to make a chain!
Showing off his money rubbings. It's so fun to watch him grow and learn, especially when he doesn't want my help all the time because he can figure it out himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SUCH adorable boys you've got there! Your stories are so funny and cute. I thought the funniest part about it was that I actually HAVE called my kids pains before :) oops! And BTW, I promise I will make it to one of your outings... just keep e-mailing me! I was going to come on Wed and wouldn't you know it... our car broke down Tues night. It's still in the shop! Hopefully next time (crossing my fingers)
Kooper always tells mem "I'm easy at do that!" I always correct him and tell him to say...that it is easy for me! so funny what they say!
Post a Comment