Friday, February 27, 2009

Hubby Tag!

My cousin Sarah (alright, well she married my cousin anyway!) tagged me. Here it goes:
1. Where did you meet your husband? Church - we were nine and my family moved in as the base was closing. I ended up in a class with a male teacher and three obnoxious boys and I was the only girl.
2. How long did you date before you got married? Um, we dated for a bit in high school; a few months before his mission; and seven weeks from the time he got back.
3. How long have you been married? 5 years in April.
4. What does he do that surprises you? How much he continually does for us and how much he knows. He can talk about almost anything with anyone. (Although he really doesn't like to talk to people he doesn't know!) And that he insists on eating salsa even though it gives him major hiccups every time. And how much he still learns...he just figured out how to fix more things on the car. It's so nice having him around! (He's good at killing spiders too!)
5. What is your favorite feature of his? I love how perfectly my head rests on his shoulder - the height difference is perfect - and I love his smile, especially when he's trying to surprise me and not let me know!
6. What is your favorite quality? His honesty towards me and his way of seeing past all the non-essentials.
7.Does he have a nickname for you? Amb and lately hamburguesa or hamburger lady. I know, I know...the last two are a joke from seminary days.
8. What is his favorite food? Anything Mexican. Which explains his love of salsa.
9. What is his favorite sport? BYU football to watch live, college basketball/football to watch on TV, and basketball to play.
10. When and where did you first kiss? At my apartment in Orem
11. What is your favorite thing to do together as a couple? Well, things that I can talk about include hanging out talking and laughing. We frequently stay up way too late just talking.
12. Do you have children? Yes - Trenton & Tyler
13. Does he have any hidden talents? Before we married I didn't know what a wiz he would be at handling our finances. He is always looking for and researching the best options for now and our future. He also knows the scriptures and gospel really well.
14. How old is he? 26
15. Who said I love you first? I don't know...I know it was said in all our letters first though
16. What is his favorite music? classic rock and that's about it!
17. What do you admire most about him? his testimony, his determination to do his part in raising our family (even when I secretly want to beg him to stay home with us!)
18. What is his favorite color? Um, isn't that more for girls...I'd say blue, but I'm sure it would depend on what we're talking about. He doesn't like blue houses! :)
19. Will he read this? Nope. But that's okay. He knows I do this for the fams.
20. Who do you tag? I will tag Laurie, Jasmyn, Heather...and that's just because these three won't hate me for asking. Whoever else wants to, please do! Some people don't like tags though, so don't do it if you don't want to.

And since we're talking about Ben, he is such a great Dad! Every night he comes home and plays with the boys. He showed Trent how to make paper airplanes the other night and tonight he played several board games with him. He is always willing to spend quality time with them. Ben looks so tired having to prop himself up, but at least he's trying. I love him for all he does.

2 comments:

argylesocks said...

I am quite sure that nothing compares to having a fantastic husband. And by all means, you deserve a fantastic one. You are such a sweetheart.

Sarah said...

Fun to get to know your hubby better! He looks like such a great dad.