Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day


We had a great time eating green pancakes for breakfast. Trenton was very excited to help me mix it - but of course, that's everyday! My mom used to color every kind of food green on St. Patrick's Day and always made the holidays special. Of course dressing in green is a must. Ben wanted to be pinched all day, I guess! This is the drawer my kids play in while I'm working in the kitchen.

That night we had a great dinner with Marc and Jasmyn - corned beef and cabbage, boiled potatoes and some sad little mishap with the Irish soda bread. I guess it doesn't refrigerate well before baking. Anyhow, dinner was good! Jasmyn has been taking a cake decorating class and decorated this beautiful cake. After all the pie on Saturday Tyler can recognize the good-tasting foods and starts begging immediately.
Trenton always wants to be outside, so we spent a large portion of the day at the park with the GREEN grass. Oh, yeah - huge leap there! Not sure why he's attacking this duck...

No comments: