
We are finally being able to get to the temple a little more often. So exciting although you don't always remember what a difference it will make until you get to go back. Thanks to my sweet sister and her husband we were able to go by ourselves last week. We are going again tonight with Jasmyn and Marc which will be fun.
On Tuesday we went to the Draper Temple Open House as a family. Trenton was so good and whispered without prompting the entire time. It's like he could tell he should be quiet. Of course the plastic mats on the floors made him want to jump and walk very loudly. I guess reverence means all sorts of different things to little boys. He did very good after some prompting though. Tyler was great, too and only wanted to eat all the temple handouts we had. Trenton just wanted to make sure one made it home without Tyler teeth marks in it! We used the pictures as a game and found all the rooms that were on the booklet. Trent thought that was cool.
I went last month with our YW group so it was nice to know what to expect. It was nice to be able to tell Trenton what would happen. Of course the bus ride there and back was fun for both boys. But, Trenton's favorite part was the font...he just couldn't get enough of the "cows". We had to step to the side and let several groups ahead of us.
The only open house I can remember going through was for the San Diego temple. That was Ben's only memory, too. It was fun to talk about that experience a little. We were married there almost five years ago. Maybe some of our children will be married in the Draper temple.
Trent's first words as we first see the temple on the hill: "I'm getting married!"
4 comments:
You are so lucky to live up there surrounded by so many temples. I would have loved to go through that open house! It is funny how much you underestimate the power of going to the temple, until you actually make it a priority and go. Then you wonder how you ever forgot how much of a difference it made! You come up with such fun ways to entertain your boys - I love learning from you!
Ahhh, Trent is hilarious. I love the "I'm getting married!" and the "cows." So funny!
Hahahahah! I love this whole post, the line at the end had me laughing out loud. What a great experience! I love seeing little kids and temples. Once when we went with the whole fam, Chris and I took turns going in. While he was in Myah said, "Who is he marrying in there?" Ha ha
When I babysat them while you were at the temple, Trent kept asking "Mom & Dad are at the temple?" "Yes." "They're getting married?"
Um....yes.
Post a Comment