Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Going on Three

Back in August I started having dreams about us having twins! A little scary...:) We hadn't even talked about another kid yet so I was a little nervous to tell Ben! After I got over that we prayed & templed & everything else. And despite the fact that the first 20 weeks are absolutely horrible when I'm pregnant, we decided we'd risk it before Christmas anyway. So, I'm pregnant! I'm nine weeks now and had my first appointment yesterday. There I was able to rest assured that I am NOT carrying twins. While twins would be fun, not to mention quite the adventure, I think the dreams were meant to make me ultra excited about this one coming! I don't attach to my babies before they're born, so maybe being happy I'm having one will help a little!?! After I already found out I was pregnant, I had another twins dream and the next morning broke open this egg with two yolks in it. Let's just say I broke down a little! :) Blaming it on the hormones! I'm a little nervous about three, but I'm sure part of that is the fact I feel like something the dog dragged in. I'll talk about it more at about 7 months!!

14 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

congrats! I am so excited for yall!!

Melissa said...

Congrats to you guys!!! I completely understand the breaking down while pregnant. It happens. Especially when you're freaking yourself out about having twins! :) I hope you survive the first few months, and your boys make it easy for you. Yaaay!

The Cahoons! said...

I knew it!! :) You're a great Mom so I don't think you need to worry. Congratulations! Exciting but hard I know. You'll do great!

Tali Nay said...

what wonderful news, amber!! congrats!

Laney said...

I just read all your posts and this is my comment for them all - I wish we lived closer!!! I miss all my cousins and how fun your mom is and playing cards with your shark of a dad. And I love how Trent is a foodie and how stinking cute BOTH of your boys are. It's a shame teleporting hasn't been figured out so you could just "blink" over to play with us. I can't wait for your 3rd kid. Hopefully you won't be sick very long with this one. I love you!

argylesocks said...

I am seriously excited for you. Maybe even more than you are. As always, please let me know if I can help.

Sarah said...

Ahhhhh! Seriously?! I am so super excited for you! I can't believe I'll be gone when she (yes, I think it's a she ;) comes! I'm really happy for you. Congrats.

Jasmyn said...

Yay hooray!! I'm voting for a girl, so Hannah will have someone to play with. (Cause she couldn't possibly play with a boy...yuck) :)

Love you - what do you need? Should we come down and visit you next week? I think we should...

Congratulations!! You're about to be outnumbered...:)

Fox and Amy said...

Congratulations! That is really trippy about the twin dreams and then the double egg. Whoa. I'm not sure if Jasmine still has any Hypnobabies stuff, but if you want to borrow any of the relaxation CDs, let me know. Here's to a smooth and seemingly quick pregnancy!

Danya said...

Congrats! I'm super jealous but excited for you! LOL :)

Michelle said...

Congrats guys! I'm super excited for you--hope the rough weeks pass quickly!

Katie said...

Regardless of everything else I've said, 3 kids really is fun too. More fun and more trials, all in one package! Drop your boys off tomorrow morning and go take a break!

Krystal said...

Congrats! That's exciting news! Hope you're feeling good these days. I broke open an egg with two yokes when we lived in Provo, too! What's with those crazy twin eggs?! I love the picture of it. I thought it was so cool, I took a picture of my double yolk egg also! haha! So happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear what you're having.

Alicia Jane said...

ok, so i haven't been to blog land in a little while so i'm a few weeks late but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you !! We HAVE to get together soon too....