Monday, January 18, 2010

Colorful Counting

For "One Fish, Two Fish" we have been playing with numbers and colors and having a great time! Trenton and I found this fun M&M brand candy counting book at the library and then had to buy M&Ms to count along with the book! Oh, and then Trent & Tyler ate them...and loved every bite! We filled a jar with Swedish fish and made up a chart (that counts in 2's) and have been having everyone who comes to our house guess how many fish are in the jar. So, if you want to stop by and put a sticker on the chart, we'd love to have you!
And then we are watching a celery stalk pick up color from the water we're giving it. The leaves and stalks have changed a lot more now. I guess I should get a picture of that too! And my cute little Trenton man is reading! He's so cute how excited about it he is. He's been reading these small readers a lot, but we have also been having him read out of the scriptures. It's so fun to watch him get so excited about following along and being able to read every couple words. He's starting to see words he knows everywhere and things he doesn't he's trying to sound out or he just asks what it says. Maybe soon I can get him to read to me! It's a lot like Tyler picking up all the sounds/recognizing the alphabet...I would never make a child learn that young, but when they are soaking it all up and asking for more, I surely want to give it to them. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm quite keeping up with them.

4 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

Awesome, Trenton is reading. I wish I could say James is too. He is super close but I can't say that just yet. You have so many great ideas. My poor kids don't get to do all those fun things. They are lucky if they get 30 minutes of reading time in from me a day. Everyday is getting better; I'm still not back at full throttle. I am totally going to steal some ideas from you though. Just call me a copycat!

argylesocks said...

You are such a good mom so such sweet and amazingly smart boys. We would love to come and put a sticker on your chart some time. Maybe I'll call you next time we make it out of the house with a little time to spare.

Melissa said...

I'll say it again, YOU ARE SUCH AN INCREDIBLE MOM!!!

Jasmyn said...

That looks like so much fun! Can we join your homeschool group? :) Honestly, what do you think about writing curriculum together for next year? Do you and Heather already have an idea for what you want to do?

Can't wait to see you Friday--I'm excited for Cabela's!
Love, Me