Thursday, March 18, 2010

Squishy Tyler

Tyler is starting to repeat things we're saying and jabbers all day long. Today he rediscovered his tongue and was making all sorts of funny sounds with it. His new words are Bruce (the shark from Nemo), ball, back, hole, hide, fall, and something that means Trenton, but I can't quite spell it yet!
The "hide" is from everytime he sees anything he can climb under - pillow, blanket, bucket - he does so and announces he's hiding. He thinks it's a great game, even if no one else plays!
The "hole" is from his obsession with finding holes in all the boys' socks and throwing them away. He looks over his socks a couple times a day and if Ben or Trent lay down and he spots a hole he runs over and shoves his little finger in the hole until they take the sock off. He LOVES throwing those holey socks away. Of course they are all getting holes now since they have been wearing socks all winter. (Yet, how is it that I have bought socks ONCE in the six years we've been married?)
The funniest thing Ty does right now is to grab his naked feet and point at his toes and say "hole". Of course he knows he's being silly and only trying to get a laugh out of me - and it works everytime!
He also found recently how much he loves pulling the lint out from between his toes. (Nice, huh?) Watch out if you take your shoes off over here - Tyler will search your feet and check for holes!

1 comment:

Laney said...

I know I say it all the time (ok write it) but you have the best two boys! I love the stuff you share. One day I'll resign myself to the fact that I will probably always live far away from my family. Thank goodness for technology!! You're not seeming quite so far away right now. Love you!