Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Trenton!

I can hardly believe that Trenton is 5 now! Where has the time gone??
We have been celebrating for an entire week...and then it was my birthday and we just kept on celebrating!
Monday night we did presents from the parents. When you have things going the actual night of a kid's birthday you have to make adjustments. Of course Trenton didn't mind. Tuesday I got Trent to help me clean up the house a little so we could play the rest of the week - and play we did! Wednesday, his actual birthday, I took the boys to the library, to the "train store" AKA Toys R Us, and we ate lunch at Trent's choice, McDonald's. At the train store Trenton was able to spend some of his birthday money and he chose another light saber. Shocker! I also took him to go pick out a Wii game...and I knew he would choose Lego Star Wars. I've let him go a little crazy this week, but now the fun has to be reined in...just a little! Thursday night Ben decided he wanted to celebrate too, so we took the boys to Pirate Island for the first time and they loved it. Of course boys and arcades go pretty well together. I don't think I have enjoyed arcades very much for years until I married Ben. Watching how much fun Ben & the boys have makes it a little more worth it. I guess we should make sure we get to Granddaddy's work this December...:) Friday was Trenton's birthday party. We had a good time with a very quiet, calm birthday party in the backyard. Just a small pool party. Trent wanted dinosaurs on a cake, so I talked him into cupcakes with gummy dinosaurs on top. As long as we put lots of sprinkles on them he was good for whatever. Playing outside with friends was the perfect thing anyway because I just don't seem to take them outside as much as before...curious! It's getting better though. I asked Trenton if he had a good birthday and he told me "Yeah, Mom! You just keep letting me play and play and keep letting me do all fun things!" I guess fun is all that's needed for a good birthday at 5! We still haven't read/played with everything new. He is pacing things himself and it's great to have new things to do every day!

No comments: