Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Promise I'm Not Getting Older!

So Ben has never made me a cake before, but I guess with all the time he's been spending in the kitchen anyway lately, why not? It was great and tastes so good! I have never used my cake stand since I got it because I always end up doing store bought or cupcakes, so this was great to use it. Tonight Ben said he wanted to make another one...just for fun! I think I'll keep putting cake mixes and frosting on the counter until that wears off! You'd think I was trying to burn down the house! It's so great to be alive...even on the days I feel like a zombie! I didn't cook once yesterday! Fed the kids cereal for breakfast; went out to lunch with my friend Laurie...she agreed last minute to pack up her kids and drag them out to play just so I could get out of the house and have someone else entertain my kids for me. Thanks, Laurie! For dinner I got Macaroni Grill which I realized I haven't had since Ben graduated college! That's just too long because I love that place so! It was just as good this time and all three kids were angels! Then we went shopping...seriously, I'm the most fun person ever, but just being with my family is perfect! Even Paige let me get a little bit of sleep! Ben got me a food processor (because that's what I asked for and mine is gradually falling apart and making me angry every time I use it!). Then Ben pulled in all the tomatoes and peppers and made salsa with my food processor! It was so good and again - I love that he's doing all this cooking and such! Ben has also done the dishes EVERY NIGHT and it's fabulous! Trenton unloads in the morning and Ben loads at night. Perfect!
Thanks for a great birthday, Ben!!

1 comment:

The Woody's Fam said...

I think you have a 1 in a million husband; he sure does know how to spoil you! I am sorry I dragged you to Carl's Jr. I hope your kids don't get sick from all those germs at the play area. Just what you need with a new baby. Thanks for the invite - it is always great to hang out with you and I am happy you are working at getting closer to living by us - hehehehehe!