Tyler had picked out some sheets with me a few weeks ago in preparation for this ('cause when you find a sale, you gotta jump on it) and the second I came home from the store the boys were just cleaning up the room and were begging me to make their new beds. Trenton & Tyler were both insisting they were "so very tired" and needed to go right to bed! :) Oh, man, I'm going to be so sad when the excitement wears off! The beds have pretty much been the coolest things to enter our home EVER and right now I think so just as much as the boys! It felt like Christmas came early in our house. Tyler got out of bed once the first night (because it was the first time he ever could) and that was it. So far the threat of a baby bed is enough...so I'm holding to that for now.
I love being married! We have three adorable little kiddos who I have the privledge of being mommy to every day. I am blessed to have the many talents and experiences that I do and I try to use them to create wonderful memories for my little family. With plenty of real life moments mixed in too!
Monday, October 18, 2010
New Beds
If you were to visit right now you probably wouldn't see the boys. My boys who enjoy dragging their toys around to wherever I am and playing under my feet at nearly every moment of the day have discovered something much better and it's in their room: bunkbeds! Oh, yes...they are so cool in fact that I hardly see any toys or kids around me unless it's feeding time...I mean, lunchtime! :)
We bought the beds Saturday and Ben got started on putting them together, but then of course the BYU game was coming on and we had my sister and her family over so we took a break. Trenton was sure he wasn't going to last! He wanted so badly to have those beds together. But, he waited very patiently and sat through much of the game. He got the scoop on how the game clock worked and then he waited. VERY soon after the game was over, even though we had friends and family over, Ben was begged to go back downstairs and put those beds together. So both Trenton & Tyler worked and helped Ben for several more hours that evening. I thought at least Ty would get bored and come find me, but he didn't.
Tyler had picked out some sheets with me a few weeks ago in preparation for this ('cause when you find a sale, you gotta jump on it) and the second I came home from the store the boys were just cleaning up the room and were begging me to make their new beds. Trenton & Tyler were both insisting they were "so very tired" and needed to go right to bed! :) Oh, man, I'm going to be so sad when the excitement wears off! The beds have pretty much been the coolest things to enter our home EVER and right now I think so just as much as the boys! It felt like Christmas came early in our house. Tyler got out of bed once the first night (because it was the first time he ever could) and that was it. So far the threat of a baby bed is enough...so I'm holding to that for now.
And then because we found the beds and mattresses on sale, we bought ourselves a new mattress. It's supposed to be here Friday...oh, that'll be so nice! Maybe I'll have to go to bed and be "really extra tired" at night, too!
Tyler had picked out some sheets with me a few weeks ago in preparation for this ('cause when you find a sale, you gotta jump on it) and the second I came home from the store the boys were just cleaning up the room and were begging me to make their new beds. Trenton & Tyler were both insisting they were "so very tired" and needed to go right to bed! :) Oh, man, I'm going to be so sad when the excitement wears off! The beds have pretty much been the coolest things to enter our home EVER and right now I think so just as much as the boys! It felt like Christmas came early in our house. Tyler got out of bed once the first night (because it was the first time he ever could) and that was it. So far the threat of a baby bed is enough...so I'm holding to that for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh the excitment doesn't wear off. Which at my house is a bad thing right now. I hate it because it is a nightmare to remake the bunkbeds. Their new thing is take all their blankets off the bed and make forts. It makes 2 places really cool to hide - under the bed and bottom bunk. But it is fun to see them having so much fun.
Where are you going to put Paige?
I love how excited they are - HOW FUN!! So, when are you moving Paige into the baby bed? :)
Well, if the minivan didn't do it, the bunkbeds did. You are officially a mom!! That's awesome. I remember the thrill of bunkbeds. Your boys are adorable, as always!
I love the pictures of them in the beds - you can just FEEL their excitement. Hopefully it doesn't wear off anytime soon ;)
Post a Comment